Sunday 17 May 2009

The 10th Fashion Bloggers' Brunch

We're a stalwart lot us bloggers. Despite willful weather and petulant DART services, we managed to celebrate the 10th Fashion Bloggers' Brunch in style at Milano's. Antipasto platters and Pinot Grigio got us in the mood as we gooed over our gorgeous Benefit goodies - Lemon Aid, Lip Plump and an indigo Bad Gal mascara. With my 36th Bday looming, I was more than pleased at the beauty DIY kit but equally pleased with my Quattro Formaggi pizza and side of dough balls. Although the 500 cal Leggera pizza looked tempting, I thought I'd treat my ageing thighs to some serious carbs. And then came dessert - a Tiramasu with a lovely candle in the middle. Talk revolved around Irish street style, The Model Agent (spolier alert compliments of Jessie) and Parisian vintage stores (check out Catherine's €2 red heart top!). While some decamped to the Toejam Carboot Sale, Jessie and I scoured Dun Laoghaire's charity shops where I scored with a €6 leather(iBook perfect) handheld briefcase from Oxfam. We later regrouped at the George Bernard Shaw for Sangria and more sale action. I managed not to by the Pat Butcher-inspired fur coat or the Alexis Colby-Carrington lame jacket....somehow. Maybe it's age.

Blog Archive