Wednesday 18 March 2009

Haider Ackermann - the One to Watch

Apologies for the size zero posting but I've barely recovered from PFW. Regardless, I had to share the news of my latest style crush - Haider Ackermann. The Columbian-born designer and former Galliano intern turned out a most immaculate collections at Les Beaux Arts de Paris. The balance of hardware-embellished feature pieces and fluid separates made me gush. Exquisitely draped gowns played peek-a-boo with thigh-high slits, an exposed arm or a flash of back; while jackets and tops bedded with floral metal rivets made 'rock chic' effortlessly elegant. What's more, the dude plays to my favourite trend - masculine/feminine. Hard military shoulders flirted with languid draped tops, zippered gilets butched up floor-length skirts all to the strains of Leonard Cohen. I think it might be love. Just maybe...

Image: Style.com

Blog Archive