Wednesday 4 March 2009

PFW - the Prequel

Bon Jour Paris! I've just landed, unpacked my bags and taken a quick tour of the 1er arrondissement. The good news is I am spitting distance from everything including the Louboutin press office which I somehow managed to find within two minutes of being here. The bad news is that the Leaving Cert French ain't what it used to be. If the look from the lady in the boulangerie is anything to go by, I need to brush up toute de suite. My many years of Italian keep seenping into my translation resulting in some very brusque requests. Repeat to self: Italian imperatives do not a good translation make. See: 'Give me the little pizza' or 'Tell me where the metro is' for courtesy cues. Good to know.

Anyhoo, Day One of Paris Fashion Week beckons as does some backstage access with Bumble and Bumble at Anne Valerie Hash and runway rubbernecking at Peachoo Krejberg, Estrella Archis and Fatima Lopes. À bientôt!

Blog Archive