Sunday 30 August 2009

Weekend Fashion News

It's nice to get surprises. I love the ones involving bows, ribbons and big boxes of goodies which is exactly what this weekend had on offer. First off was a visit to The Loft Market in Powerscourt Town Centre where the lovely Lisa from Perk Up Vintage sold me a 1960s Sears jacket (€30). V Eley Kishimoto. Looks just swell with my I Love Paris tee, chain link scarf and denim peg legs. Next was a goo downstairs around the newly relocated A Rubanesque. Bright and breezy with plenty of antique buttons and feathers by the yard - I now have only a few steps to go to customise any of my vintage finds. Then...drum roll please was a visit to Powerscourt's newly opened Bow Boutique. The bijou co-op is operated by Mo Muse, Matt Doody and Wendy's Wardrobe with cameo designer appearances from Eilis Boyle and Paul & Joe jewellery. I love the atelier part of shopwhere the designers alter purchases and create made-to-measure pieces. My sis got herself a Matt Doody draped tunic for €150 which we discovered can be worn in about ten different ways. Like it. Love it. To top off the day, I purchased a pair of wine brogues in Office (€72 with discount) which may well never leave my feet. With this, I ran home with the speed of acid-soaked whippet to watch X Factor (i.e. Simon Cowell). If Carlsberg made Saturdays, they'd be like this. Sigh.

Blog Archive