Sunday 20 December 2009

Fall from Grace

I'm convinced the Fashion Gods are having their wicked way with me. Only shortly after I purchased these Louboutin tributes in Penneys (€21), I made a trip to H&M - literally. While browsing (ever so smug) in the accessories department, I felt the straps on my booties interlock. Then came the wobble and in a moment I calibrated the mortification that was to befall me. Determined to collapse gracefully and thus mitigate any potential 'scene', I took the brunt of the impact on my knees. What's worse, I had to spread out to unhook the offending fakies and shuffle to my six foot vertical frame again. It's as if they were saying 'and you thought €900 was too much to pay for footwear!' Instead of scuffling away in shame, I continued to browse as if nothing happened; determined not to be one of those people who looks at the floor in disgust as if it has pre-mediatated the whole incident. The next day I was on The Afternoon Show wearing a pencil skirt. Something dropped. Needless to say, it stayed there. Swelling, brusing, cuts. Carrie Bradshaw may have fallen in Dior but then again, she was wearing Dior. Sigh...

Blog Archive