Wednesday 12 May 2010

Crazy Town - Population 1

Jaysus! It's been a busy few weeks. Not too long however until the summer holliers. Sun, sand and Sangria. Yes, please. Until then, I've taken to providing digests - a poor albeit legit excuse for my enforced blogging diet. As my New York brethern would say, "Eh, wadaya gonna do?" Here it goes:

1) My new favourite trainers = SpringBoost. After I trialled these bad boys for The Afternoon Show, I did cartwheels across the RTE lawn and even attempted a sprint. The feel is akin to walking on springs, making one feel like a sprightly Springbok. Perfect for summer pin toning.

2) My favourite fashion trend = summer leather. Given our current clime (i.e. 10 degrees and rainy), a bit of caramel cow hide is bound to do the trick. My most recent investment includes a Joanne Hynes jacket with reinforced Matrix-inspired shoulders. It says, "I'm fiercly stylish. F*ck with me Mr. Rain at your will."

3) Brown Thomas Style Workshops. My next ones kick off this weekend (May 15/16) on Level 1. The theme? Summer Weekend Wear. It's all about looking sauvage without getting wet as a weasel on one of our trademark 'soft days'

4) My birthday. May 18th to be precise. What the hell. Why am I 37? Why do I find nights in watching Chelsea Lateley preferable to bar flying? Why do I insist on a comfy seat when I'm out? Why do I now hear myself say "but where would I wear it?" when resisting hip yet pointless clothing? What's next? Flat shoes? (She sobs.)

5) SATC 2. It's on like Donkey Kong. Only 15 more sleeps. In the meantime, I'll be dusting off my best vintage frock...

Blog Archive