Thursday 23 June 2011

Rain - Boo!

This is an artistic representation of how I feel about rain. Although I'm sure the grimacing priest locked cement-like in Dublin 8 probably has some other meaning; I'll allow myself to skew semantics for the purpose of illustration.

Today was a fine example of why I hate rain. Hoodwinked - yet again - by illiterate meteorologists, I left the house in Converse,a leather jacket and a maxi dress. By the time I reached my destination, the puddle that is Dublin managed to migrate up my hem, penetrating a rather thick jersey rendering me a human sponge.  I had no choice but to squeeze out the excess water so I could actually walk without squelching. I couldn't even go home to change. Four hours of pulling clothes later, I put the key in my front door...and the sun came out. Nice. I'm convinced I've grown spores.

Blog Archive