Saturday 9 April 2011

Karl Lagerfeld for Diet Coke

I love Paris. Fact. So whenever the opp to take a sneaky mid-week trip arrives, I'm there with Gallic stripes on. Most fortuitously, I had the privilege of attending the launch of Karl Lagerfeld's limited edition bottles for Diet Coke this week atop  the Georges Pompidou Centre where I got to hang with the Kaiser himself. O.K. So we weren't quite swapping notes about Mantilla fans but from my position behind the barrier and a distrubingly beautiful body guard (see pic), I did see that he had a Diet Coke butler at the ready (as one does) and that Lily Cole had to remove her shoes so as not to tower over him in photos. But I digress. The three new 'Love it Light' Diet Coke bottles which sport polka dots and chevrons stripes against Mr. L's ponytailed silhouette will be sold in prism-shaped collector's boxes from June in Ireland. Until then, feel free to check out the party shots and our press gang's whistlestop jaunt around the Marais and Les Halles.

Karl's lifesize bottles
Lunch in the Marais District
Have Brothel Creepers - Will Travel!
Karl with model Lily Cole (with her shoes off!)

Karl's Model Bodyguard - Swoon!!!!!
Another gratuitous shot.
Snazzy Corset Shop

Dinner at Chez Janou

Even the cafe in Colette is honouring Karl.


Blog Archive