Tuesday 26 July 2011

Gym Excuses - A Litany

Image courtesy of
http://elizabethharmonblog.wordpress.com

Below please find a sample of excuses used exclusively but not limited to persistent gym avoidance. Despite Carlisle Fitness being squarely visible from my bedroom window, I find myself using a combination of said samples in tandem; sometimes simulatneously. My powers of eschewal are sterling. I deserve an award; but not before I have some ice-cream....

Why I Can't Go to the Gym Today (or any day for that matter)...

      1.      It's Monday
2. I'm cleaning out my closet.
3. The floors need a good scrub.
4. I have to weed the garden.
5. I'm going to the cinema tonight.
6. I want a glass of wine later tonight.
7. I had a glass of wine last night.
8. I have an article to write.
9. I just ate a dougnut; there's no point.
10. It's Tuesday.
11. Is Cougar Town on again?
12. I have an article to write.
13. I'm giving my muscles a rest.
14. There’s someone at the door.
15. I feel fat.
16. The cat needs to be fed.
17. I have to wash the windows.
18. I forgot to wash my gym gear.
19. It’s Wednesday.
20. I must write that article.
21. There's ice-cream left in the freezer?
22. Catching up with friends tonight.
23. There's more to life than killer abs...
24. I should really do more charity work.
25. You know what they say about 'too much of a good thing'.
26. Wait, that's my phone.
27. Is it that time already?
28. It’s Thursday.
29. The cat ate my homework...I mean, my gym bag.
30. My knee hurts.
31. I’m alphabetising my collection of Douglas Coupland books.
32. This Wikipedia entry has me hooked!
33. What’s the meaning of life?
34. Cleaning out my spam folder.
35. Did you see that? (points to the distance and runs)
36. Dungeons and Dragons? Count me in!
37.  It's nearly the weekend; I'll start next week.*

      * and repeat

Blog Archive