Sunday 15 November 2009

I Blog Fashion Digest

It's been a long week. Preparing for photoshoots, meeting long lost friends, ditching the diet and surviving dodgy manicures. Read on:

1. Decidedly underwhelmed at the Jimmy Choo for H&M range. Tried on the blue suede shift dress. Verdict? Sack-like. The black suede tassel dress rated slightly better. Could have done with no fringing at the neck. Felt like I could have been going to a fashion-y barn dance. The returns policy? A painfully thin 5 days.

2. Neil is back from India. Yay! Bought me a Tibetan necklace, pashmina and the Diana Vreeland book he's been meaning to give to me. Had a fab catch up in Fallon & Byrne complete with cheese, meats and wine - the second time this week I blew my pre-photoshoot diet.

3. Sunday Times Style shoot this Wednesday. Can't look too bloated. I wonder if Satturday night's X Factor goodies and vino sesh with sis will be cancelled out if I drink some of that herbal detox tea I bought? May have to drink the box I reckon.

4. Found out I have carpel tunnel in both hands due to maxing out my laptop and carrying heavy bags. Am forced to wear 'sports' bandages on hands to bed and while typing. Not v. attractive. Am thinking of investing in some leather fingerless gloves to cover the offending articles. Wooly ones would be cute too. Not while sleeping of course...

5. Recession ending? I'm thinking - not so fast yon economy seers. Paid a visit to chq to pull clothes for a shoot only to find my fave boutiques - Kohl and The Pink Rooms - have vacated the premises. Yikes!

6. Furthermore, my bank balance is fast resembling an Eastern European supermodel - skinny and surly looking. If I withdraw any more money from the ATM - it might just spit my card back out at me. Hence my reticence to pony up for fancy 'shapewear' undies. I've discovered that M&S tights do the same job. Got some gorgeous leopard print beauties (€8) with a built-in tummy eliminator. Feel as svelte as a young springbok!

7. A.N. Other thing - what's with the dodgy craftsmanship on the highstreet these days? First my Carvela loafers, then my Zara trousers, now the lining in my new All Saints coat? Only bought it this week. Not impressed.

8. While I'm on a rant - had a rather questionable manicure the other day. After the lady painted my nails, was asked to pay while they were drying as she had to go on her lunchbreak. She even offered to go into my wallet and take out the money and put it back in my bag. A bit of 'here's your hat and what's your hurry?' End result? Nails smudged. Came back and asked them to fix the offending digits. Still looks tacky and horrid. And another thing - where was my tea? Everyone else got offered a cup. Consistency folks - get familiar!

9. On a happy note, I'm looking forward to wearing my Isabella Oliver pencil skirt on The Afternoon Show this Tuesday. It's magically subtracted about 5 inches from my waist and makes me feel like Jane Russell and Lana Turner rolled into one hyper sex goddess. Love it! Love it! Love it!

10. Camera on BlackBerry Storm (in a teacup) still kaputt! Counting down the days til Dec 9th when my contract ends and I can nestle in the warm fuzziness of a new iPhone. Sigh....
Image courtesy of Mikes4345 photostream

Blog Archive