Sunday 29 November 2009

I Smell French

My quest for Gallic nous continues. Not only have I adopted an all black palette; but I've also mastered the elusive art of digestible torpor. (Trust me ennui is a lot more complex than it suggests.) Now that I've got the look down, my quest has gone multi-sensory with smell next on my list. With that in mind, I've swapped the American crispness of Calvin Klein Truth for the more complex topnotes of Thierry Mugler's Alien. This transition was not without its teething problems. Used to spraying myself liberally, I've learned to hold back and use but a soupcon of this heady scent. The trick is all about subtlety, suggestion and not giving it all away. "What's that you're wearing?" should be the question on people's lips. The reply? "Something French (insert look of fabulous disinterest here)."

Alien by Thierry Mugler - €34 for 30m; €55 for 60ml.

Blog Archive