Monday 9 November 2009

Smells Like Bruno Pieters

I love me a bit of avant-garde fashion - and none moreso than Belgian Bruno Peiters. When I viewed his AW09 collection at PFW, I had trouble mopping the drool from my lip. Models worked a funeral march in a palette of black, copper, brown and grey with nothing but berry slicked lips for contrast. Hoods and capelets were ominpresent - all box-shaped and pleated where possible; while outre 3-D bows on body con dresses and 3-D fur funnel sleeves raised the bar in sophisticated chic. Past meet present to the tune of an electro-opera falsetto.

Alas my size zero bank balance has no room for modernist Little Red Riding Hood tributes. Instead I'll have to resort to the limited edition amber and pepper scent of Pieters' Calming Park candle. If I can't wear it, I shall whiff it. Hey, where there's a will...and all that.

Available from: The Convenience Store - London, Maria Luisa - Paris, 10 Corso Como - Milano, Sien - Antwerp.

Blog Archive